Needless to say, it has been a rough month around here and we have all been a little tired.
But it's getting better. SO MUCH BETTER! I had tried just about everything I could think of. Including spending upwards of $100 on gas to drive her around for both naps for 3 days! Yeah, I really did that. She had gotten to the point last week where she was so incredibly over tired that she was miserable, frustrated, and honestly unbearable.
Do you have kids? If not the equation is: tired baby = cranky baby = cranky mommy.
So, after those 3 days I felt like she was caught up enough on sleep to try real life again. She still refused her naps. Still woke up at 5. But was more pleasant. So, my absolute last ditch effort was to try moving her to one nap. Sigh. This made me cry (I'm pregnant, a lot of things make me cry). Day 1 she slept 30 minutes. Day 2 45 minutes. Day 3 1 hour. Everyday she was so cranky by 4ish that I gave her a bath, fed her dinner, and put her to bed at 5.
The amazing thing - she slept until 6! Unfortunately I did not. I laid awake waiting for her to wake up... that's another story entirely. 2nd morning she slept until 5:30 but stayed in bed until 6. This morning she cried for about 15 minutes around 4:30 then went back to sleep and I WOKE HER UP at 6:30 (then asked myself what in the world I was thinking waking her up!?!).
Today, I decided that after 13.5 hours sleep maybe she is finally catching up from the 2 months of sleep deprivation and was going to go back to her normal self. So, I'm trying 2 naps again. So far so good. She slept about 40 minutes this morning and is down for her 2nd nap now. Wish us luck. I am not ready for her to drop the 2nd nap. I need it. Ideally, I would like her to keep it until June and then drop it before new baby comes in July.
So, the lack of blogging, the cranky/whiny facebook status updates, and my general zombie-like appearance for the past couple months - this is my
No comments:
Post a Comment