Today is day 3 of
And not a moment too soon. I have loved the snuggle time and the extra affection. I have not, however, enjoyed being stuck at home OR waking up before 5am. After the horrible 2 months of no sleep we had and a baby due in 4.5 months I feel like I am due some good sleep. But mostly the stuck at home thing. I don't do well being alone for very long, plus Jonathon hasn't been home for bedtime much lately.
But, at the end of one of these days I am so thankful. I am so thankful for the tremendous blessings in my life. I am thankful for a beautiful baby girl who, in spite of this virus, is incredibly healthy, vivacious, and fun to be with. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who cares so much about his work and is so blessed to be doing something he is passionate about. I am thankful that he calls to check on me when he knows I'm having a hard day. I am thankful for my healthy baby boy on the way. I am thankful for my mom who patiently listens when I call her bawling and dump all of my frustrations in her lap and then, as always, gives me her deep wisdom. I am incredibly thankful for sweet friends who call/facebook offering to bring me dinner!
The list is unending. And so much better to dwell on than the frustrating moments. In reality, its those moments that make life life. Promise and I both laughed about the pee on the floor... as she splashed in it. It's those moments that keep us grounded. Today is one of those days where I am thankful for every moment and thankful for a God who never leaves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment