Pregnancy update time! I am well into the 2nd trimester now. I still have my nauseous moments, but very little sickness now. But, I have traded said morning sickness for some intense heartburn. I had heartburn during my first pregnancy, but I'm pretty sure it didn't start until the 3rd trimester. I know I drank a glass of milk before bed most nights then... and am doing so again. It's not helping a lot, but I got some good suggestions from my facebook friends that I'm going to try. Other than that I am feeling pretty good.
I was having some horrible mood swings and crazy pregnancy hormonal stuff - but I started taking cod liver oil and it has helped DRASTICALLY! Seriously. I feel much more in control of my emotions and more stable from day to day. I am also sleeping much better since I started taking it (and since Promise started sleeping 12-13 hours a night! Praise God!). So with those things on the upswing, my energy levels are up too. Which is great. My house is (mostly) clean for the first time in months, I'm starting to cook again, and I'm finally able to stay up past 8:30.
I started feeling the baby move this week. Absolutely my favorite part of pregnancy. It is so incredible and, well, miraculous. Its actually life. Right now it is just the little fluttery feeling. Wonderful.
My belly has popped out very suddenly. Like huge. My need for maternity pants is suddenly urgent. I pulled out my jeans from my last pregnancy and they were way too big. While I'm thrilled that I've lost so much weight, I'm not thrilled about having to buy new pants. I hate shopping. (nope, that's not a joke, I hate it).
The only other significant thing I have noticed about this pregnancy is that I get dizzy a lot. I drink a ton of water... still probably not as much as I need. I have always gotten dehydrated easily and had to drink much more than the average bear. I notice mostly when I'm out doing something like grocery shopping, or if I've been standing for a long period of time. Nothing major. I just sit down for a few minutes and I'm good to go.
Anyway, ultra sound on Wednesday. Yay! I am excited. I have my guess, but I wont' share it yet. Jonathon says he is excited to find out that it's a boy. Not sure what that means if it's a girl. Either way, I'll let you know!
18 weeks down! 22 weeks to go!
Yay! Excited to hear
ReplyDelete