My babies were sick a couple of weeks ago and it was ROUGH. A long long week in which many tears were shed. That weekend Jonathon was also sick. So, I decided a "family movie night." Our first ever.
I seriously debated about what Promise's first movie should be. I am very careful about what is put in her heart and mind. I didn't want anything with scary bad guys or disturbing or sad story lines. This ruled out pretty much all of the animated Disney movies. Then it dawned on me....
Mary Poppins!
Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies. Its one of the few I can stand to watch over and over and is what I have always watched when I am sick and need something happy and mindless to watch.
It is upbeat, has kids in it (Promise loves seeing other kids), great music, great story, and nothing creepy or scaring. "Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way."
She LOOOOOOVED it! She actually watched it too. In 2 sittings, not 1. We watched it in 10-20 minute increments while she was recovering and melting down during Luke's nursings. This week both of my babies were sick again!?! (I know, right?) They both have had coughs and colds and Promise especially hasn't been sleeping well. So Mary Poppins made another appearance this week.
Its adorable. She dances, she sings, she narrates. She constantly talks about Jane and Michael. Haha. I love that she loves this movie as is such a good memory from my own childhood. It is fun to share the magic of it with her and to pass on traditions. I'm not crazy about her watching so much TV, but it has been a sanity saver.
Oh, and she pronounces it "May Papas". Cuteness.

lovely!! we just watched that recently too - such a great film! and hey - ive found recently too through this season of sickness that sometimes tv is just what we need to survive!!! we can always get back on track later! hope u are all better soon x
ReplyDelete