Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So Blessed

I had just finished loading the trunk with my haul from Trader Joe's, strapped Promise in, and was in the process of trying to get Luke out of the Moby Wrap and into the carseat without waking him. Two older (and I mean older than me, but not actually "old" - probably my mom's age) ladies were getting into the car next to me and noticed Luke. Everyone notices him. He's adorable!! They exclaimed how cute and tiny he was and came to get a closer look. Then they saw Promise who probably gave the appearance of being even younger than she is because her carseat is still rear-facing.



The lady nearest me said "Oh, God bless you!" I replied with a slightly frazzled "thank you" and quickly realized that I sounded as tired and overwhelmed as possible even though it was actually a pretty good day. I immediately corrected myself by saying "He has."

And He has. The past couple of months have not been easy. At all. But life is not easy. No one ever said it would be. And while life has been hard, it has still been good. I am abundantly blessed. I get flustered and impatient and frustrated on an almost daily basis. But at the end of the day the good far outweighs the bad. I am reminded as I kiss little cheeks and wipe little noses and pray big prayers over my little ones every day that God chose me for this life with purpose and it is an honor to be called Mommy.

I still vent complain. I still get overwhelmed. I still cry from time to time. But I'm coming into a greater realization of what the day-to-day stuff is about. With that understanding I am moving more towards living joyfully and moving out of survival mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment