Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mommy Date

So, as I've mentioned, Promise has had a VERY hard time adjusting to her new baby brother. It got better for a couple of weeks, but then last week it was like she realized he is here to stay. She suddenly turned into a wild child trying to hit him, poke his eyes (more than usual), begging to be held, saying things like "No! MY MOMMY!", etc. Plus she had a general bad attitude and major lack of obedience.

"Yubby"

I have done my best to make her feel included and to spend lots of time playing with her one-on-one. I've done several projects that needed a "big girl helper" - mostly cooking, she loves being in the kitchen.  But none of that was cutting it. So, I asked my mom to come stay with Luke last Friday morning and took my girl out for a Mommy Date.

She loved it.

Every minute of it.

We started with Starbucks. She had a steamed soy milk with one shot of pumpkin. The girl was in Heaven. We sat at the high counter and she had to stand in her chair to reach. She would take a sip, say "yubby!" and set it down. But she no sooner had her hands off of it than she picked it up again to repeat the process. So cute. I recently made her a little felt board "busy bag" so we played with that and talked about they things and people we saw. Every couple of minutes she would shout to the whole place "MY COCKEE" (coffee). She was so proud of herself.

Felt Board


Then we made a quick stop at church to drop of a coffee for Daddy. She loves going to visit him at work and loves doing things for him. So sweet. She was actually the one who reminded me to get Daddy a coffee. Next we went to an indoor play place with tunnels and slides. She wasn't really into playing though since there were several other kids there. She's not much of a joiner. So we called it early and picked up Taco Bell on our way home.

When we pulled in I said "Let's go in and see Nonnie and Luke" to which she said "No, stay in car." Later that day we went out to run some errands and she said "Luke stay home." I told her we would take Luke with us since no one was here to take care of him and she said "Nonnie keep again". I guess she enjoyed here Mommy time.

Cleaning up


I hope to make it a more regular thing. I've definitely seen improvements in her attitude and I had a blast spending time with her! She is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment