Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3 month letter

My Promise,

You are 3 months old today!  I can't believe how quickly you are changing and growing. Every day you learn something new and amaze us all over again!  So far, I love being your mommy.  You are a very happy baby. Seriously. The happiest baby I have ever seen. Of course you cry if you are hungry or overtired, and you cry if your tummy hurts. But that's pretty much it. You are all smiles!



You are still exclusively breastfed and that is going really well for both of us.  There are times I wish your daddy could give you a bottle in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning, but it is worth it and I am happy with our decision.  You sleep through the night most nights (this week you are having a growth spurt, so the sleeping through the night thing is on the back burner), which I appreciate.  I have yet to sleep through the night, because I still wake up to check on you or give you your paci or to see what's going on when you make those funny little grunting and squeaking noises. You still sleep in your basket in mommy and daddy's room, but since you are 3 months old now and sleeping through the night, that will probably change soon.

You've had two big transitions this week - we took the headrest out of your carseat, and we are working on dropping the swaddle when you sleep. You're getting to be such a big girl! You are very busy learning. I really have to work to get you to eat a lot of times because you are so busy looking around and taking in new things.  Your personality is starting to show through - your likes, dislikes, temperament, etc. And I absolutely love who you are!



Things you like:

  • your hands! 
  • your toes (you discovered them yesterday)
  • lights
  • mimicking faces that mommy and daddy make (especially sticking out your tongue)
  • playing on your activity mat
  • taking a bath (mommy's girl!)
  • kisses (kisses make you smile, and if I make a "kissy face" you will mimic me and then smile)
Things you don't like:
  • having your shirt pulled over your head
  • going to sleep (you have figured out your nap routine and start fussing when I start rocking you - but you almost always go to sleep about 5 minutes after I lay you down)
  • being on your tummy - you started rolling from tummy to back around 4 weeks to keep this from happening.
  • burping (you fuss when I make you stop eating to burp - and only daddy can burp you effectively)
Temperament:
  • happy - again you're the happiest baby I know!
  • mellow/laid back - you love to play with mommy and daddy, but you are also very content  by yourself. You have "independent play" most days and are very content to just hang out and play for 20 minutes or so
  • snuggly - you love to snuggle! and that makes me SO happy! I often refer to you as "snuggle-bug" or just "bug"
Milestones:  
I didn't keep track of milestones like I should have but here are a few I remember
  • Holding head up - 1 week 
  • Rolling over (tummy to back) - 4 weeks
  • First (real) smile - 5 weeks
  • Mini pushup - 9/10 weeks 
You are so much fun. And you always make me smile. I'm so glad you are a part of my life now. I am excited to see who you turn out to be.  Sometimes the thought that I am responsible for teaching you everything you need to know and shaping you into a responsible, loving, god-fearing adult is overwhelming. But I know that God gave you to us for a reason and so I welcome the responsibility and trust in His grace and wisdom every moment of every day.  

I love you my baby! Sooo much!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment