Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Letter to My Babies

My Precious Babies,

Today is December 15, 2012. Yesterday our country was shaken by unfathomable evil as a man entered an elementary school in Connecticut and killed 20 children. You have probably never heard of Sandy Hook Elementary School. By the time you read this it will be just another tragedy on an ever increasing list. But it will not be forgotten by the parents of those babies, and I doubt it will be soon forgotten by anyone who was a parent on December 14, 2012. 

As I read the news yesterday my heart ached like it never has before. I cried and I prayed. I prayed for God to have mercy on this broken world and for His peace and comfort to surround those families. I also prayed for you. It is awful to be reminded that even children are not safe from the evils of this world. I know that I can't protect you from everything (though it won't stop me from trying), but I pray that you will both walk in God's will and that you will know He is sovereign.

I do my best to savor the moments, but I know that I fail constantly. I love you both more than I could possibly express, but I do get frustrated, I do have selfish moments, I do sometimes look forward to nap time just so I can be alone. But today I am reminded just how fragile and short life is. I held you more, I kissed you constantly, I got you up early from your naps just so I could snuggle you and smell you and feel your hearts beating. 

I don't know what the future holds. I don't know what your lives will be like or where you will be when you read this, but I hope that you know without any doubt that I love you with all my heart. I thank God for you every single day. I'm sure I will yell, I'm sure you will think I'm unfair at times, I'm sure we will butt heads from time to time, but I am also sure that none of that stuff will ever overshadow my love for you. Ever. 

My sweet angels, I am so grateful for every moment with you. The ones that make me laugh, the ones that make me cry, and the ones that make me want to pull my hair out. Because every moment with you is better than a moment without you. You are 2 of the greatest blessings God has given me and I will do my best to show you that as you grow. Good night my little loves.

With all my heart,
Mommy

I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment