Sunday, November 11, 2012

4 Month Letter





  My sweet Lukey,

I realized today that you are 4 months and 3 days old. Time is flying... I'm pretty sure you were just born last week! You have had a great month aside from a nasty cold. Even the cold didn't get you down. You are seriously the happiest baby in the world. For real. You can cry. You do if you're over 30 minutes late for a feeding or if you've been awake for like 4 hours straight or if your sister hurts you. Only one of those things happens with any sort of regularity...

Bumbo!

     
You are eating great these days. Your 4 month check up is not until next week, but at your last 2 weight checks you were staying on the 3% curve. You're wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes and have even moved into 3-6 month for footed sleepers because you are so long!

Jam Session
You're also sleeping very well. You picked up a night feeding for a few days during a growth spurt, but dropped it and went back to sleeping from 10pm-7am. Naps... Well, when they're bad it's usually my fault. Your first nap is still great 99% of the time. After that time of day I am not exactly sure how long your wake times should be and they vary widely based on whatever we are doing on a given day. I plan to change that and give you more consistency soon. You do still struggle to get to sleep (and stay asleep) at bedtime. We are going to start working on that this month too. I said from the beginning that I wouldn't do any sleep training until you turned 4 months (except for consistent routine and not feeding to sleep often). Now that you're 4 months I am debating what path to take. I don't think you will require any/much "cry it out" because you are so laid back and mild tempered but time will tell. I really really hate to hear you cry!

Snuggle Puppy

I think you  are getting close to rolling from back to tummy. You turn to your side if there is something that interests you but you haven't quite made it all the way over. You still only roll from tummy to back on occasion. You just don't seem to care. You are starting to move yourself around some... I haven't seen you do it yet, but a few times I have found you in a different place or position than I left you in.
Hanging Out with Grandma

Angel
You just took your first trip to Tennessee. It was a good trip and you really impressed me with your incredible flexibility! We were out late every night and your naps were super short (you don't nap on the go very well), but you stayed happy as long as you were fed and snuggled. You met lots of new family and friends and were quick to flash your gummy smile at them. I do think you were ready to get back home though.



You are coming up on several milestones this month and I'm excited to watch you learn and grow. You are such a blessing to our family and you add such a sweet dynamic right now. We are all learning and growing together as a family of 4and  its a pretty cool thing. I am so proud and honored to be your Mommy. You bring me so much joy and I am doing my best to make your life and your world a happy one.

Happy 4 months my sweet angel baby!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment