Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Promise Song

So Promise has her own special song that I sing to her before every nap and every bedtime. Its sweet, its inspiring, its sentimental, and its a cue for sleep (because if I sing it almost any other time it really upsets her! haha.).  I have known this song since I was 3 or 4 but it didn't dawn on me that it would be "her song" until I was about 7 months pregnant. It is Bill Gaither's "I am a Promise" Here you go:



I am a promise, I am a possibility, I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learning to hear God's voice, 
and I am trying to make the right choice
And I'm a promise to be, anything God wants me to be



There are a couple of verses I think, but the chorus is all we sing. Anyway, I have been racking my brain to come up with a song for Luke. And I am coming up completely blank. I can't find any cute songs with the name Luke, and I'm having a hard time deciding on something equally special for him. I'm leaning towards a hymn since they often make good lullabies and speak such powerful and positive words, but not sure which one. I would love your input... do you have a favorite song or hymn for your kids? Or just in general? 

No comments:

Post a Comment