Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm one up on the hormones!

Okay, so I feel terrible. I'm tired, I've had a sore throat for over a week, I'm tired, the heartburn is back with a vengeance and is kicking my butt, I'm really really tired, I'm nauseous, my hip hurts, I'm tired, my ribs ache, my back hurts, and since I'm not sleeping well... I'm tired!

BUT, there is a huge upside right now. My "nesting instinct" has kicked in! Its awesome! I didn't have this with Promise. I didn't "nest". I had her nursery ready when I was like 4 months pregnant because I was so excited, and lets just face it, girls are more fun to shop and decorate for! It was a good thing too, because I was in so much pain by the end of that pregnancy it was all I could think about. I got more tired every day and spent more and more time on the couch.

This is totally different! I have had this 4 page to-do list looming over me for weeks now and absolutely no motivation to start. My apartment is gross. Seriously. I know everyone says their house is a mess and blah blah blah. My house is not just a mess. Its dirty. And I HATE that. I have never let this happen before. But that's the reality of it. There is soap scum in the tub, who knows what on my kitchen floor, dust pretty much everywhere... its a sad shape. I wrote out a deep cleaning list because I want to bring my baby home to a nice clean place. I don't want him to know that he caused his Mamma to be a total slob for the past couple of months. (Seriously, I've been doing laundry and dishes and that's about it.) And then I sat staring at the list feeling completely overwhelmed.

This place is small. Really small. Small is fine. Its manageable. That is not a complaint. But the baby clothes and such have been piling up in the corner of my bedroom because that's the only place my sneaky girl can't get at them (one night Jonathon brought in 3 rubber-maids of clothes that some friends gave us and in the time it took to go to the bathroom and back my living room was COVERED in baby clothes and she was on the 2nd box!) And still, I sat staring at my list during nap time and choosing Facebook instead!

Until Friday. Something clicked. And I have not sat down since. You probably couldn't tell because things have to get worse before they get better, but I have made incredible progress in the past 3 days. In spite of the fact that I feel as though I may have died sometime in the past 24 hours. I have sorted ALL the baby clothes, cleaned our Jonathon's closet and organized his clothes to make room for said baby clothes, cleaned out years worth of cards, pictures, and miscellaneous crap from my plastic drawers, washed them, and filled them with baby socks, shoes, hats, etc. I also organized the linen closet so it could store our winter clothes that were filling up the baby's room closet, packed away and cleaned off 2 bookshelves to go into storage. This morning I even vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen before church. Its ridiculous. I have a TON of stuff left to do. Mostly organizing and cleaning. A lot of organizing. I'm trying to make things accessible for Promise as her freedoms grow and make other things inaccessible as her height and abilities grow! Plus cleaning enough stuff out of our bedroom to make room for the baby and all of his paraphernalia. And somehow I'm still keeping up with all the other responsibilities of life.

So, finally, these crazy pregnancy hormones are working in my favor. I'm finally accomplishing something besides the bare minimum. It feels good mentally even though I don't feel great physically. Now, if only the hormones would cause me to crave spinach and kale rather than Taco Bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment