For a while Promise was really obsessed with taking her Bear, Baby Doll, and stuffed Owl and puppy (Pup Pup) everywhere. She would carry them around as she moved from room to room - sometimes making multiple trips to get them. And she wanted to hold them all while we read stories at nap and bedtime. (She wanted to take them to bed, but after a couple tries, I said no more as she wasn't sleeping). This became a problem because my lap is getting increasingly smaller. One or more of her babies would fall multiple times during the stories because, well, there's no room! I finally solved this problem by having her put all the babies to bed in their basket in the living room before we went to her room. Now she only takes Bear to bed with her. Even so, I'm running out of lap again.
I'm 32 weeks today. My belly is huge. I am to the point where I can't get out of the stalls in public bathrooms if the doors open in. I have to squish my belly against the door. I try to get the handicap stall to prevent that! I have a harder time balancing my toddler on one hip and diaper bag on the other with the watermelon belly in the middle. I think we're quite a comic procession these days.
![]() |
| This week's visual aid - he's the size of a large jimica |
Over all I am feeling pretty good. The heartburn is still a hateful and constant companion. I'm usually okay until about 2pm and then it gets progressively worse all day. And it seems to make absolutely no difference what I eat. Oh well. I still have a fair amount of hip and pelvic pain, but its bearable. When I was pregnant with Promise I had so much rib pain that it was all I could think about and I had a hard time focusing. This is not that bad. It's uncomfortable, but not to the point I am constantly distracted.
My biggest complaint is how tired I feel. I am sleeping okay. I quit taking my magnesium supplement at night and am down to only going to the bathroom 2-3 times a night (usually). I don't feel tired when I wake up and have plenty of energy.... until about 2 or 3 (rough time of day all around) and then I start crashing. And feel worse throughout the rest of the day. I have yet to come up with a solution for that.
I had my glucose test a couple weeks ago. My blood sugar was slightly below the "healthy range" for pregnancy. My Dr asked me if I felt really sick after the test. Yes! I did! I had to sit in my car for a long time before I was able to drive because that stuff made me so dizzy. She said this is probably why I have had such a crazy sweet tooth with this pregnancy. Hmmm....
Everything was great at my last check up. Baby is head down and heartbeat is great (150ish I think). She said that since Promise was a week early I am likely to go early again! I'm trying not to hang too much on that, but it is getting awfully hot outside. I have another checkup Thursday. Jonathon and I started our Bradley classes last night. My Dr is not against natural childbirth, but obviously not real gung-ho about it either. I think my birth plan will be the same as last time - as natural as possible for as long as possible. I did express my displeasure over being forced into taking Pitocin and not being allowed out of bed. I would like to stay home for as long as possible, obviously, assuming my water doesn't break first again.
All in all, things are good. I'm getting more excitied about this baby's arrival. Promise has started to take note of my belly and will point to it and say "Baby?" every once in a while. She has also started kissing my belly when we pray for the baby. So sweet. I know her world will be totally turned upside down, so I'm glad she is started to cue in to the fact that something is changing. 8 weeks and counting!

No comments:
Post a Comment