It sometimes fills me with joy. I love how much she loves her Daddy! Sometimes it breaks my heart to tell her 50 times a day EVERY day that Daddy is at work. His new schedule (you can catch up on that on this post) has been hard on her (harder on me, and probably harder on him still).But she is less able to comprehend the why of it and less able to "look forward" to the days he will be here. She obviously can't express it, but I have noticed a stark difference in her behavior between days that she spends time with him vs. when she goes days at a time without seeing him. It's huge. On days that he goes straight from working at the church to umpiring baseball we go have lunch with him. It helps. I think it helps for her to associate a physical location with him. Any time we get of the exit that the church is off, she starts exclaiming "Daddy! Daddy! Dad doh!" and does so all the way to the church. It's funny.
I'm not sure what more I can do for her. Maybe get her a picture of him or something? I had this little purple teddy bear when I was a kid that had a picture of my Dad in a frame on it's tummy. I carried it around and slept with it when my Dad was TDY. Any other thoughts from you more creative Mammas?
She doesn't act sad. I am thankful for that. She acts disobedient and is a little aggressive towards me when she's overly tired. But I can deal with that. I am SOOOOO thankful that she loves her Daddy. I'm so thankful that she has such a good Daddy who loves her so much and works so hard to provide what she needs. I am so thankful for the multitude of ways God has blessed our little family. I know that this is just a phase of life and it won't last forever and I am able to keep on truckin'. In the mean time we will probably be hearing a lot more of "Daddy-O".
No comments:
Post a Comment