Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bay Bole! (Baby Doll)

Promise calls her baby doll "Bay Bole".  I have no idea why. She can say baby. She can say doll. But put them together and its too much. Anyway, Baby Doll is by far the toy of choice around here right now. She can't get enough of Baby Doll. She carries her around, keeps her close by while she's playing, reads books with her, and of course takes her on many stroller rides. The stroller was a Christmas present and probably hasn't gone a single day without use. We even took baby on a ride to the mailbox today. (It was quite the undertaking, but thankfully Jonathon was with us. I won't be attempting it alone)

Baby Doll was her present for her 1st birthday -
it was love at first sight!


Today, she brought me to tears taking care of Baby Doll. She wrapped her up in a blanket... and kept dropping her. So she brought me the doll and the blanket for help. We swaddled the baby and Promise announced "night!" Meaning, Baby Doll needed to go to bed. She went into her room and came back with a book to read for Baby Doll. After we read she prayed "Ga! Amun!" (God, Amen - she gets the gist of it). Then rocked her baby for a minute and put her in bed (we have a basket in the living room that serves as a bed for all the stuffed animals and Baby Doll).  Then she leaned over and kissed her and said "night!", then waved and walked away.

I MELTED!

The part that really got me... she went to play with another toy, but then stopped and came running back to give her baby another kiss and say "night" again. And repeated the process 3 more times. I love it! What a sweet little Mommy. It made me proud. It made me feel better about having to discipline her multiple times today. It made me realize that she sees my love for her. And it made me cry. Pregnancy hormones? Maybe. Probably. But a moment to remember nonetheless. I love to see such tenderness and kindness from my girl.

I also love that she knows her bedtime routine so well and that it was a natural part of taking care of her baby. Too cute! I wonder how this will translate with her baby brother.

By the way, I decided not to name her baby for her. That is why we just call her "Baby Doll" for now. When Promise decides to name her that will change. Same for Bear - but for some reason I doubt Bear will get a new name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment