Friday, March 30, 2012

Promise to English Dictionary

So suddenly, that girl can TALK! A lot. I noticed a huge leap in the amount of words she says and tries to say last week and decided to start keeping track as she is adding new words. It seems like she is adding a new word almost every day. She will also try to repeat almost anything I say. While it doesn't always come out sounding right, she gets the rhythm or the word and number of syllables right almost every time. It is amazing to see babies learn! 

stuck!


She also signs quite a bit. I haven't taught her any new signs lately just because I haven't seen a need. Something I find interesting is that she won't attempt to speak words that she has a sign for. So, if I tell her to "say please" she signs please. That is fine - as long as she is making an effort to communicate, I am thrilled! I'm interested to see how she progresses with that though.

so happy to be outside!


So, in case you need to have a conversation with Promise any time soon, here is your current "Promise to English Dictionary" (subject to change at any time).


Amen - Amun
Baby - bay bee
Ball - ba
Banana - nanana
Bear - baya
Bib - Bih
Bible - buh buh
Bubble - bubble
Daddy - Day
Duck - Dut
Fan - fa
Go - Ga!
Grandpa - Aaa pa
Hi - Hiiiii
I love you - I la la
Ice - iccccce
Jesus - Jees
Lola - O-wa
Mommy - Mama or Mommy
No - no
Nonnie - Na na
Obey - bay!
Owl - Owwww
Pee pee - Pee pee
Snack - nat
Snap - sha
Yeah - yeah
Yes - yessh

No comments:

Post a Comment