Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall Sensory Activities

Okay, I'm playing blog catch up.  We did lots of sensory activities in October that I never had the chance to write about.  So here goes...

My favorite was the gourds.  I got a bag of gourds at Walmart and let Promise play with them.  We talked about smooth, bumpy, big, little, colors, etc.  She really enjoyed it and played with them for several days. 












Another new favorite in our house.... contact paper!  And things that stick to it.  We started with cut up pipe cleaners (orange and black to be festive)





Then construction paper. She enjoyed this a lot more.  Taking it off and sticking it back on the contact paper. Over and over.  Very cute. 




And lastly (or at least the last thing I got pictures of) - mini felt board.  I taped a piece of white felt to the window and cut out a few felt shapes.  She had a hard time with the concept of not eating the shapes, but once we got past that it was a hit.  We did it for a few days and then put it away for a few days and then repeat.  Its about time to get it out again.



No comments:

Post a Comment