Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Smoothie - Take 1

So my first attempt at pumpkin smoothies was... okay. Not great.  I will try again this week.  These were good, just too thick.

I started with:

1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup applesauce (natural, no sugar added)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice


The point of this was of this was to be baby friendly, so no ice (I was worried about leaving a sharp piece or something that could hurt her) and no sugar.  I thought the applesauce would be enough to sweeten it, and it was okay.  For some reason though, I thought it seemed too thin and still not sweet enough.

So, I added a banana.  Yum.  I was a little nervous that the flavor combo would be weird, but it was so good. Then I decided it wasn't pumpkiny enough so I added another 1/2 cup of pumpkin and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.

It was pretty good, but I was wrong about it being too thin... WAY too thick.  It was well received by my little audience though!








I have been planning to make some "edible finger paints" for Promise, but this stuff was so thick I figured - why not?  A little post lunch fun with the leftover smoothie.

I am going to try again this week - I think I will use apple juice instead of applesauce.  Maybe change up the spices a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment