You are 10 months old!!! (You are actually 10 months and a week... I had a hard time getting your letter written this month) Wow! It has been an amazing 10 months, but I cannot believe how fast you are growing. You are such a little girl these days. I know you are technically still a baby for a couple more months, but more and more I see you leaving your "babyish" ways and becoming your own little person. It is amazing to watch you learn and grow. Literally watch. You're growing like a
| hanging out with Bear |
Most of our month has revolved around moving - and you have been a trooper! The first week we were in our new apartment you very happily played and explored while I worked unpacking. I had to stop often to pull you out of dangerous situations, but you had a great attitude about it all. During that first week you slept in your pack-n-play in our bedroom closet.... and you slept like an angel! Once I hung curtains in your bedroom we moved you in there. You have not been sleeping as well. Our upstairs neighbors have a kid (he looks about 3) who never sleeps and wakes you up around 5am. I'm not too happy with this. You are also in the middle of a wonder week (46) and all that comes with it, so that is messing with your sleep as well.
Since we have moved you are getting to spend more time with Daddy. And you sure do love your Daddy! When he walks through the door your face lights up. You often lunge out of my arms to get to him. He is home for dinner more often now and you really enjoy visiting with him while you eat and showing him your food. You sometimes even shout "Dada" to get his attention if he and I are talking for too long without including you. Pretty cute.
You are eating very well. At the beginning of the month you were a little more discriminate with your food choices, but the past week or so you have become adventurous again. You will eat just about anything dipped in hummus! I have been giving you cheese every once in a while this month, and of course, you are a fan. You are starting to burn out on yogurt - I need to come up with another breakfast protein for you. You have completely mastered your sippy cup and are obsessed with it! Anytime I try to take it from you, you scream. I try to limit how much water you drink in a day (you don't drink juice), but it makes you very unhappy.
| what beats cheerios and water? |
Oh, you have learned to scream! And scream loud! Sometimes it is because you want something you can't have. Sometimes it is because you are hurt. But just as often, it is just because it amuses you. You're a funny baby.
You got 3 new teeth this month! Which brings you to a total of 6! I think you're in a hurry to eat some steak. You handle teething pretty well. I have been a little more free with the tylenol/ibuprofen this month because you haven't been sleeping well and your little gums were so swollen. I think there are 2 more on their way. I really hope you get a break from teething soon!
You are having freer free play in our new home. There are no stairs and everything is pretty well baby proofed, so you are more free to move around and play on your own while I am fixing meals. You LOVE this. You will move to the living room or your bedroom and play. But, if I say/sing "where is Promise?" you giggle and come over to the kitchen gate. I love it! Independent Play, however, has not been so great. I think you are enjoying your new freedom and don't want it taken away. Ever. I also think it is partly Wonder Week stuff because you are very clingy and understandably don't want to be left alone. We keep at it though - at least 10 minutes a day. Every day is a little better. I think Independent Play helps you to regroup and focus too - so much freedom has done been a little detrimental to your attention span.
| exploring the toy kitchen |
Your favorite toy right now is your leap frog table - I got it about a week before we moved and it has been a life saver for us both. You stand at it, walk around it, and dance to the music. Yeah, you dancing is about the cutest thing in the WORLD! I need to get it on video. I will say "dance baby" and you squat down and bounce your knees and giggle. I love it! You also are getting really attached to Bear (that is her name until you are old enough to name her yourself). Sometimes when I get you out of your crib you reach back to bring bear with you. And every once in a while you will offer bear your paci. SO sweet! The only other toy you seem to favor is your fabric shape sorter. Everything else you chew on indiscriminately.
You aren't walking yet, but I see you thinking about it. You have great balance. You can tip your sippy cup up and take a drink without falling or holding on to anything. There have been a few times this week where you have been standing and I can tell you are thinking about how to get where you're going. You contemplate for a minute and then drop down and crawl. I'm definitely not in a hurry for you to walk, but I think it is coming soon. You're starting to try climbing more and more - you often pull your leg up when you are standing by a chair, but you are still to short to actually pull yourself up. You have climbed a couple of shelves in the refrigerator (mommy should be paying more attention there!) and onto your leap frog table, toy boxes, toys, etc.
You have really started to enjoy sharing. Mostly your paci. You often try to put your paci in my (or Daddy's) mouth. You also offer us toys or food that you have. But, you won't let go. You reach out to hand it to us, but keep a tight grip on it. Pretty funny. I think that part just comes with time.
| Promise Alphabet Soup |
You are consistently using the potty 3 times a day. It is amazing how well in tune you are with your body. I almost wish I had started you sooner. You usually poop on the potty twice a day and pee once or twice. It is pretty adorable to see you siting on the potty reading a book. You had your first big accident this month - you dove off the potty after your book that you dropped and smashed your teeth on the floor. That was not adorable. That was a very scary moment for us all! You bled a lot, but everything turned out okay. It tore your frenulum (that piece of skin that connects your lip to your gums) but it has healed now, and your teeth seem to be fine. Scary.
You are still doing great signing "more" and "all done". You also wave hi and bye. You have not mastered pointing, but we are working on that right now. We are also adding signs for "drink", "please", and "potty". You have signed "potty" to me twice. Sometimes I think you do the signs and I don't catch them because it gets lost in arm waving and other movement. You always know what you want though, and find some way to communicate it to me.
You started saying "up" and "hey" this month. You also say "Na na!" whenever you see Nonnie. You have several words now, but you don't use any of them consistently. Just sometimes - when you're in the mood. Which is fine for now. You are babbling a lot more this month. You are working very hard to communicate. I love it!
Even when you're not talking, you work your mouth a lot. You stick your tongue out and laugh. You click your tongue and we click back and forth to each other... which also makes you laugh. I am trying to leave paci in your bed and carseat only now (we got away from this in the past couple months) so you have more opportunity to explore rather than sucking on your paci all the time.
| Another shelf just for Promise |
I think my favorite thing that you are doing right now is putting your head down. I don't know if this is a new skill (I think it is) or just because you are tired, but when I pick you up you will lay your head on my shoulder. Just for a couple seconds, but it is a very sweet couple of seconds. You also lay down on the floor or put your head down on the floor like you're going to do a summersault. Its hilarious.
You are a little tiny bit more snuggly this month. You will usually let me hold you for about 10 seconds after you finish nursing. And you've gotten really mellow during story time. You lay back against me and listen to the story instead of sitting up right and lunging at the book. I could seriously hold you forever! But for the most part you are still more busy than anything else.
| free standing! this is the only picture I could get |
You are perfect and wonderful and never fail to make me smile. You are sweet and loving. You are also defiant and stubborn. But I expected nothing less and I know you will be strong because of it. You are literally, the reason I get out of bed every morning. Sometimes earlier than I would prefer, but I wouldn't trade unlimited sleep from the joy I get from seeing your face. While I am often sad to see you growing up so fast, I am also very excited to see who you become. I know you will do great things! "Kid, you'll move mountains."
Here's to another amazing month.
With all my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment