It that time again - time to change Promise's schedule. As I was thinking about writing this post, I realized that she has been on the same schedule for over 2 months! And I'm hoping this new one will last at least as long - because I like it. She's finally moved to a 4 hour schedule (4 hours between nursings), dropped the half nursing in the afternoon, and dropped her 3rd nap (yes she has been taking 3 naps all this time!) I decided to go ahead and push her to make these changes now, because (1) I know she is getting close and (2) we are moving soon and I want to her to be on a steady schedule with as much consistency as possible.
We stayed home all last week and stuck completely to the new schedule. She had absolutely no problem with it and started sleeping until 630 again (silly girl had been waking at 530 for almost a month!). What was I waiting for???
I have also been wanting to push her day from a 630am-630pm shedule back to a 7am-7pm schedule, but I had no idea how to go about it. Well, yesterday she was still asleep at 630 and I just couldn't get myself out of bed. I heard her stirring around 635, but I still couldn't get up. I finally got her at 645 and she was completely fine, so we pushed the whole day back by 15 minutes. Same thing today. So, my new plan is to keep her start time as 645 the rest of this week and push it back another 15 minutes next week. I'm hoping that will work.
A 7-7 schedule will work so much better for our family when we move. Jonathon won't be leaving so early in the mornings, so we will all be able to have breakfast together and then Promise will have a little more time to spend with her Daddy in the evenings. Also, I am more of a night owl than an early bird, so I would rather have my extra half hour at night so I can spend it with my wonderful husband than early in the morning!
So, the new schedule will be:
700 wake and nurse
730 breakfast, potty
800 independent play
830 reading time/free play (promise plays in her room while i read out loud to her)
900 nap
1100 potty, nurse, then free play while we fix lunch
1130 lunch
1200 free play
100/115 nap
300 potty, nurse
330 errands, outside play,floor time with Mom, fix dinner etc 500/530 dinner then play with Daddy while Mommy cleans up
630 potty, bath, and bedtime routine
645 nurse + 2oz ebm
700 bed
No comments:
Post a Comment