Friday, September 16, 2011

Hello, Poison Control?

So, baby girl is doing some SERIOUS teething.  She got both lower central incisors (the bottom middle teeth) around six months.  Then one of the upper central incisors around 7 months. Then a lull.  Now, in the past week she got one of the upper lateral incisors (the ones next to the middle teeth), the other central, and the opposite lateral is about to cut.

All that to say, baby is in a bit of pain and looking for some relief!  So, I went to get her up from a nap the other day and she was standing there with her face covered in black paint! and the crib had huge spots of wood showing.  Not just teeth marks in the crib - those have been there for months - but some penny sized gashes in the paint.  Sigh.

I figured she just needed to drink water, but I decided to call her pedi just to be sure.  They said it was probably no big deal, but asked me to call Poison Control to be sure.  Ah. I hate talking on the phone, but anything for my baby, right.  Poison Control laughed at me. Haha. Better safe than sorry though.

So, after my first call to poison control, I feel like I have officially been inducted as a mom (because that whole giving birth thing wasn't enough).  Got to laugh sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment