First, she pooped on her potty today! Yes, I put my 8 month old on the potty. She's never actually gone before, but she sits there a couple times a day while we read a book and she usually thinks it is great fun. (Sometimes she doesn't like it at all in which case I immediately take her off.) Today she was making her poop face while we were playing, so I scooped her up, sat her on her potty, and she pooped! Yay!
Next, she learned how to climb stairs. There is a pretty big landing area in front of the bedrooms and then 4 stairs up to the living room. She was playing on the landing while I was putting away laundry and her paci was at the top of the stairs - obvious motivation, right? She couldn't figure out how to get her foot up, so I showed her how to bend her leg ONCE and she proceeded to climb all 4 stairs.
After her last nap, I heard her squeak a little when she woke up. Before I got in to get her she started crying. Weird - especially for that time of day. When I went in to get her she was sitting up in her crib - I think she scared herself. She has been able to sit up on her own for quite a while, but somehow she didn't realize that she could do it in her crib... and I wasn't about to tell her! Now she knows.
Finally, she learned to shove food up her nose. I'm less thrilled about this discovery.
Also, on Thursday I read that babies her age can wave "bye bye". Promise couldn't because she'd never seen anyone else do it. So, we started practicing and by Friday afternoon she had it mastered. Just in time, because this morning she waved bye bye to Grandpa when he left for the airport.
No comments:
Post a Comment