Monday, July 2, 2012

38 weeks - GET OUT!

So, I really shouldn't bat an eye at being 38 weeks pregnant. Its still 2 weeks until my due date! Here's the thing though... this kid is messing with us. And it's not funny. Thursday afternoon I started having contractions that were more than just my normal Braxton Hicks variety, and they continued into the night then stopped. Friday I was SICK. I won't give you great details, but think stomach flu type of sick. Ugh. I called my Dr's office that afternoon since things were not getting better and they told me to go to the hospital. Because apparently that is the only thing they EVER say. At Jonathon's insistence, we went. (And took Promise, who by the way, is one heck of a trooper!) They checked everything out and said there wasn't anything they could do (well, they offered medicine, but I said I could stick it out if the baby was okay), but assured us baby was in good shape. At that point I was dilated 3 cm and 75% effaced.

Saturday went by without incident. I had Braxton Hicks throughout the day. No biggie. I have been since 20 weeks. We went to the chiropractor and spent the afternoon swimming, playing, etc.

Saturday night I started having more contractions, but they weren't regular or very close together. I was able to sleep pretty well except that the contractions put even more pressure on my bladder so I was up 8ish times to go to the bathroom. Then I woke up at 5 am and couldn't sleep through the contractions anymore. They were about 7 minutes apart and hurt significantly, but not so much that I couldn't talk through them. I waited awhile as my family was still asleep. Then I decided to go for a walk since at 6am it was already pushing 80 and was the only chance to be outside all day.

Jonathon went on to church. We both felt sure this was the real thing as they were consistent, time-able, and getting stronger. Around 9 I called and asked if he could come home because they were getting much stronger and only 5-6 minutes apart. I wasn't just miserable, but with Promise needing so many things I felt I needed help. They continued like that for another hour or so then went back to 7 minutes.

They stayed around 7 minutes apart all day. Finally, after Promise's nap we decided to go walk at the mall. Also a good chance for her to play at the play place since it is far too hot to play outside. We walked for about an hour... and they stayed at 7 minutes apart. I was getting very tired at that point. After we came home Jonathon and Promise went to church. The contractions started to pick up while I was resting. Stronger and closer together... for about 45 mintues. Then they started to taper off.

14 hours of that nonsense and then they just started going away. I went to bed at 9. Exhausted. And at that point they were only 12ish minutes apart. I slept hard. And woke up feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I ache all over. My knees, my legs, my stomach of course. And I've been having these weird dizzy spells. I called my Dr's office but the nurse would barely let me explain myself and would not let me come in to see my Dr. Ugh.

So, needless to say, we are ready. He keeps faking us out. And we keep falling for it. This is so drastically different than my labor with Promise. I think we are on such unfamiliar ground that we keep getting our hopes up. I'm not sure what's up with all the weird sickness after having contractions. But we're all tired of it. So, my little trickster, it's time for you to be born. We'll have plenty of time to play games then.

1 comment:

  1. Is Jonathon ready to deliver his own son. That's might be Luke's greatest surprise!! I was laughing this weekend that last year (2 years) we had Benjamin, Bethan, Brayden, Brylan and now we are going to have Luke and Link. We're good.

    ReplyDelete